Every morning starts with our delicious breakfast using fresh, locally sourced ingredients at the best bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine.
For early risers, freshly brewed coffee, and an assortment of teas and hot cocoa is available at 7:00 a.m. Join us for a full breakfast in the dining room anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., or enjoy the fresh air on our wrap around veranda with it’s sweeping views of the tidal Kennbunk river.
Breakfast begins with orange juice or a freshly blended smoothie. That is followed by a seasonal fruit course. Finally, you will be treated to the main entrée which may include Jim’s famous apple stuffed french toast, a slice of delicious spinach, tomato and chévre quiche or a plate of hot blueberry pancakes. Main courses alternate daily between sweet and savory offerings. Entrées may be accompanied by a breakfast meat, as well as one of our scrumptious homemade muffins, scones or delicious breads. Each plate comes beautifully garnished with fresh fruit or flowers from our garden.
Although we have a daily set menu at our Kennebunkport, ME inn, we cater to the needs of our guests, so please let us know how we can accommodate your special request.
Examples of a Typical Breakfast Menu
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Fruit cup with lemon sorbet and garnished with fresh mint
- Belgium waffles topped with sautéed Maine Cortland apples and freshly whipped cream, sprinkled with toasted almonds, and served with Maine real maple syrup and a side of bacon
- Freshly blended strawberry banana smoothie
- Ginger poached pears topped with lemon cream
- Tomato, spinach and chévre quiche served with sautéed asparagus spears flavored with orange zest, spicy apple coffee cake and all natural breakfast sausage
Every afternoon at 5:30 p.m we offer a wine and cheese reception. Come mingle with our other guests while enjoying a glass of wine and an array of cheeses and crackers.
If you choose to pass on the wine and cheese, you can enjoy a cup of hot tea or cocoa by the fire surrounded by good conversation.